birding-aus

Re: birding-aus neighbourly Helmeted Honeyeater

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus neighbourly Helmeted Honeyeater
From: "Merrilyn Serong" <>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 19:12:21 +1100
Hi all,
I wonder if there is anyone else out there who was as confused as me about
alleged sightings of Helmeted Honeyeaters in suburban Melbourne.  I have
just been told by a most reliable source that the claim was part of an
episode of Neighbours on Channel 10.
I obviously don't spend enough time watching TV, apart from nature shows
that is.  Last night's episode of The World Around Us about animal
communication featured quite a number of birds, though I was somewhat
distracted at the time because my son and I somehow became quite involved
in a discussion which started with whether or not animals think, and went
on to learning in computers, etc. Glad I taped the show; now to find time
to watch it again!  It's hard when there are so many emails to read.
Cheers,
Merrilyn.

 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> You will be pleased to know that one Harold Bishop of Ramsay St,
> Erinsburugh, an eastern suburb of Melbourne has spotted a Helmeted
> Honeyeater in his backyard, presumably one released by Healesville
> Sanctuary.
>
> Good one, Harold!
> (And good one, Channel Ten)
>
> Lainie Berry
> To unsubscribe from this list, please send a message to
>
> Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the
> quotes)

quotes)