birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Birding Software for Oz

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Birding Software for Oz
From: Ros Laundon <>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 16:15:26 +1000
Hello All,

I haven't seen any response to Colin Clarke regarding his software
question.  I don't think there is, but, is there anything for Australia
as good as he has for America?  If not, what are the 'standard', 'best'
applications for ID and/or for recording.  This may raise the question
of advertising.  If you think it does, private replies might then be
appropriate.  I'm working up my Christmas present list.

Regards,
Ros Laundon.

Colin Clarke wrote:  Here in sunny South Carolina, I use Thayer Birding
Software (Birds of North America) - which includes everything in a field
guide plus sound and video clips and several photos etc. to supplement
field guides.  It is excellent. ...This past week, my three field guides
all failed to give me a ***** ID for a timid migrating visitor to my
backyard.  The video confirmed a female Rose Breasted Grosbeak in less
than a minute.  Another 5 Star !!!!!

> Question :  Does Win 95/98 software exist for a (CD) field guide to
> Australian birds?  If so, details please.  Thayer only does a Birds of
> the World which doesn't cover more than about 20 birds from Down
> Under.

> Colin Clarke

quotes)