birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Grebes and grebes

To: Bill Jolly <>, Birding-aus <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Grebes and grebes
From: (Richard Johnson)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:53:46 +1000
Hi Bill and interested others

During the summer of 1995-6 , Great Crested, Australasian and Hoary-headed
Grebes all bred on a farm dam a few hectares in size, just west of Gatton in the
Lockyer Valley. At one stage it was possible to view all three species on nests
in the same binocular field of view - a pretty special opportunity.