birding-aus

birding-aus northern Vic birding

Subject: birding-aus northern Vic birding
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:40:23 +1000
To anyone heading up to NW vic to check out all these great sightings, I'd
be really interested to hear from anyone dropping into Tresco West Bushland
Reserve. I spent a lot of time there a few years ago and never saw many of
the species now being reported, and others only rarely. But I was not
checking out other nearby sites, such as Goschen reserve, at the same time.
It would be interesting to know whether Trescoe West is getting the same
influx as Goschen now.

Tresco West Bushland Reserve is behind the town of Lake Boga. Take the road
out to the local tip (can't remember its name); its only a km or so behind
the town; the road becomes dirt and a few hundred metres on veers to the
left, running thru the golf course. Keep on this road for about 1 km past
the club house and it bisects a small patch of mallee. Voila - Tresco West
Bushland Reserve. Make sure to check out the saltbush around the lake there
for White-winged Fairy-wrens.

Sean Pywell.

quotes)