birding-aus

birding-aus Striped Honeyeater

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: birding-aus Striped Honeyeater
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:33:17 +0930
Over the last few days we have had a single Striped Honeyeater around our house and garden. From time to time its beautifully rich call fills the air around the plants, trees and buildings.

This is almost the southernmost extent of this species' distribution here in South Aust. I have not recorded it is this area since 1987. In 1985, 86 and 87 it was a regular summer visitor from Oct through to March and was recorded breeding in our garden in October 1985. To my knowledge this is one of the few if only records of this species breeding in this area.

Have other birders observed any movements in this species in South Aust. in recent weeks??
 < DIV>
For those who are interested, we live at the following coordinates 35  7  8S  139 14 12E just on the western edge of Murray Bridge (80km SE of Adelaide)

Happy birding,

Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge
South Australia