birding-aus

birding-aus Please bear with me.

Subject: birding-aus Please bear with me.
From: (Chris Dahlberg)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:54:57 +1000 (EST)
Hello everybody
                This year White Pages decided to leave me out of the book.
Our phone number can be obtained via White Pages on the net and by dialling
013.

    It is 07 4098 7997 and has been for more than 2 years. Unfortunately the
phone number in the following publications is WRONG, not is it only wrong
but it is not even the same wrong number:

    Thomas and Thomas, The Wieneke field guide, The Nielsen field guide, The
Lonely Planet, Stepping Lightly On Australia, The New York Times article,
The Sunday Times (Britain) article and numerous other travel magazines and
birding magazines that I have had the priveledge to have been in. The
information desks in the Radisson chain in Port Douglas do not know we exist
like most "Information Centres" in Port Douglas or Cairns. The tourism
associations deny our existence also because I will not pay them
collectively more than $1000 per year. The "Information Centres" in Daintree
are run by rival tour companies who have that sort of a shop front to fill
their own products. Not one manager or "activities/tour desks" officer of
any of the "ECO" Lodges has been out on our tour or shown any inclination to
do so. However Ron Stannard, Kingfisher Park,  Phil Gregory, Cassowary House
and Jeffery Gruzka, Red Mill House are regular guests.

   This post is in response to visiting birdwatchers who have been having
trouble contacting us.

   On a related note, Geoff (birdwatcher) and Diana Fowkes have bought Red
Mill House and take over on, much to Jeffrey Gruzka's relief, 3 Dec this
year and will be upgrading the facilities. Jeff deserves a medal, he has
been running the place by himself with terribly inadequate facilities that
include a 2 burner stove and one 10 year old washing machine.

     Useful Phone numbers:

                           Kingfisher Park....07 4094 1263
                           Cassowary House....07 4093 7318
                           Red Mill House.....07 4098 6233