birding-aus

birding-aus Looking For Scrub Fowl Pictures

Subject: birding-aus Looking For Scrub Fowl Pictures
From: Calvin Stacy Powers <>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 21:32:47 -0400
Greetings,

I spent about 3 weeks touring Australia in August and September and was
astounded by all the different terrains and climates in the country.

But one of the most bizarre sights I saw on my trip was in the Daintree
Rainforest where the tour guide showed us the mounds made by a bird which
he called a "Yellow Footed Scrub Fowl". I had never before heard of a bird
that builds mounds of compost for a nest!!

Anyway, I publish a very small amateur 'zine called _Stuck In Traffic_ and
I'm planning on writing an article about this bird. Unfortunately, I was
never able to get a picture of the bird.

So I was hoping there might be someone on this list who had a picture of
this bird they could let me use. My 'zine is just an amateur effort, so I
cannot pay for a picture. But I would, of course, give the photographer
proper credit and the copyright of the picture would remain with the
photographer. If you have such a picture I could use, please send e-mail to
me at

Also, I have had people tell me that the bird is actually called an
_Orange_ Footed Scrub Fowl. If anyone knows if this is true or if they are
two separate species, please let me know either on this list or in private
e-mail.

Many Thanks for your help.

quotes)