birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Seabird watching trips and leadership

To: "Philip A Veerman" <>, "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Seabird watching trips and leadership
From: "Trevor Quested" <>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 06:04:49 +1000
Hi Philip,

I am trying to evaluate your critism of the last Woolongong pelagic.

Have I got this right?  Your neighbours wanted to see some whales.  You told
them whales were seen on the seabird watching boat trips.  They went on a
trip and saw the whales.

They heard bird names being shouted out,  couldn't work out the differences
themselves,  and nobody took time to teach them how to tell Wedge-tailed
shearwater from a Short-tailed.

Did you as a good birder, prepare them at all?  A list is available off the
web of all the pelagic birds and when to see them and what time of year.
The list that makes us all green with envy.

They didn't receive an evaluation form?  Get a life!

This was one of the best pelagics of all time and I wasn't on it!

Trevor & Annie Quested

Sydney, Australia

quotes)