birding-aus

birding-aus First Koel for the season

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: birding-aus First Koel for the season
From: Phil Rankin <>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 06:36:30 -0400
Just a short note to say that I heard and saw the first Koel for the season
when I got home from work today.

I live in Newcastle NSW and the Koel is a common summer migrant here.

Looks like the nightly ritual of keeping the neighbours awake at night is
to start again. I must admit it is great to be woken prior to dawn by its
call every morning. It ensures that I get up early to catch the early
morning birds.

Phillip Rankin

quotes)