birding-aus

birding-aus Woodland Birds

Subject: birding-aus Woodland Birds
From: RUSSELL DEAN WOODFORD <>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:31:51 +1000 (EST)
MESSAGE FROM BARRY TRAILL

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 08:27:31
From: Barry Traill <>

Dear all,

Re: declining woodland birds in NSW

I am currently reviewing the conservation status of woodland birds in NSW-
with a view to some declining species being nominated for listing under the
NSW threatened species act.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from people who have noticed or
documented changes in range or numbers of the following species from the
the woodlands region (inland of the Great Dividing Range, west to
approximate boundary of the western division in a line approximately: Qld
border- Walgett-Lake Cargelligo-Griffith-Balranald, including the New
England Tablelands and the Southern Tablelands with also coastal outliers
of woodlands in drier parts of the Hunter Valley, the north coast and
Sydney shales).  I am particularly changes in distribution or numbers in
areas which observers have monitored formally or informally for a number of
years:

Spotted Nightjar
Crested Bellbird
Brown Treecreeper
Hooded Robin
Speckled Warbler
Black-chinned Honeyeater
Diamond Firetail
Plum-headed Finch

Your assistance is greatly appreciated and will hopefully assist the birds!
 Nb please send directly to my email address to save clogging up aus
birding line.

thank you

Barry Traill

quotes)