birding-aus

birding-aus Weekend Thought

Subject: birding-aus Weekend Thought
From: Rob & Camilla Leask <>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:51:26 +1000
Hello,
My wife and I were at Round Hill\Lake Cargelligo last weekend  {10th to
12th Sept}.
Halfway up a steep hill at Mt Bowen around half past eight in the
morning, paused on a more level area and to look at some small birds..a
flock of Weebills; then just next to them a group of Spotted Pardalotes,
swivelled around to look at a Black Honeyeater which had come down
close. Small flock of Yellow-Throated Miners flitted through the trees.
Turned around to see a Striped Honeyeater {and later a nest} when a loud
call focused our attention on a Little Friarbird. Just then a Splendid
Fairy Wren came to have a look at us.
Climbing plants with white, bell-shaped flowers were in the trees around
us "Apple Berry". Lower down were flowering Cassias, Dampiera and
Correas  . The ground was dotted with Everlasting flowers and in between
were several species of Orchids, including the Spider Orchid.    All in
one spot !
Had to think to myself  "It doesn't get much better than this !"

                                                Rob

quotes)