birding-aus

birding-aus Australian Owlet-nightjar Confirmed

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: birding-aus Australian Owlet-nightjar Confirmed
From: COOK David <>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:43:27 +1000
Thanks Edwin / Philip et al
After your emails the other day I listened to the BOCA tapes and to the
Aust. Owlet-nightjar in particular and confirmed this was the call I'd been
hearing. To top it off, when it called again that night I was finally able
to find it and had excellent views of the bird perched on a lower bough of a
eucalypt about 5 metres off the ground. A new bird for our home list.
David Cook
via Bungendore NSW

quotes)