birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Hazards of birdwatching

To: "Philip A Veerman" <>, "Trevor Hampel" <>, "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Hazards of birdwatching
From: "EDWIN VELLA" <>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 20:19:40 +1000
Once while walking off a main track to get a closer look at a White-throated Gerygone I felt something move under my foot like "moving rubber". I looked down and saw a 3 metre Eastern Brown Snake move away from my clumsy foot. Gee's wasn't I very luck not to get bitten !!! Last year near Wentworth (far western NSW), I also walked over one beside a fallen log after looking at a White-browed Treecreeper. Another lucky escape. I have also had one lashing from behind me (which offcourse made me take off in a hurry, at Castleragh NR. I have also had many passes with Red-bellied Black Snakes.

Edwin