birding-aus

birding-aus Seabird ecologist position

Subject: birding-aus Seabird ecologist position
From: Paul Taylor <>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:58:43 +1000
I found the following on the Antarctic Division's web site and thought
it may be of interest to the list.  The original web page is:

   http://www.antdiv.gov.au/employ/advertisements/advert_seabird.htm

(I have no connection or affiliation with the Antarctic Division, but
maybe one day they'll advertise an IT support position down south...)

-----

Antarctic Position
Seabird Ecologist
AAD Band 6/7
Pay in Australia 45298 - $50983 pa
Fixed term position 1/10/99 - 30/6/2002

The Seabird Ecologist is a key support position providing a range of
professional scientific inputs to the Biological Sciences Program.
These will inlcude the application of professional knmowledge and
judgement to current and planned Antarctic and subantarctic biology
studies, including the Heard Island and McDonald Islands (HIMI), and
Mawson coast krill flux studies, predator-prey fisheries interaction at
Macquarie Island, the Mertz polynya study, the pack ice penguin survey
and research into long line fisheries by-catch.

Contact Officer: Graham Robertson (03) 6232 3337

Applicants must frame their application to address specific selection
criteria. Click here for the position profile including selection
criteria.

As there is potential for the selected applicant to travel to Antarctica
specific medical criteria must be met. To assist in an initial
assessment
of fitness for duty, applicants should also complete a medical
checklist.
Click here for the checklist form.

Applications should be received no later than 27 August 1999 and should
be addressed to:

Human Resource Officer
Antarctic Division, Channel Highway
KINGSTON, Tasmania 7050.