birding-aus

birding-aus Ruffling Feathers

To: All <>
Subject: birding-aus Ruffling Feathers
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 02:38:02 -0700 (PDT)
G'day to those caught in a net,

Dear all after dashing about a bit today and doing some C.F.A. operator
assist training, plus giving some O.H.&.S. advice to local peoples I
managed to squeeze in a sandwich tonight. Whilst seated consuming my
cherished salmon and cucumber sustenance with my mailed to me American
Drinking Chocolate, I thought of how my life has taken me and where it
has taken me? but I'll keep the naughty bits off this fine emailing
list.

Giggle as I think of Brit. Army days.
No No No Hilary might get to read this.

Further thought made me drift back to my youth and my Nan's cooking? I
must have needed more food then I thought? I remembered Nan's plum
cakes Hmmmm my gastric juices must have gone into overdrive as I
recalled the
pain of my finger, that I felt as I tried to filch some of the mix from
Nan's mixing bowl? and Nan's wooden mixing stick still all these years
later.
No one could bake a cake like Nan ( Sorry Mum ) and I say no one in
Australia could come anywhere near her's. Moist succulent fresh fruit
baked to absolute perfection by this fine olde Welsh wizard. Then the
light went on in my head ? how about a BA bake off ? and see if the
good ladies on this list can they match one of Nan's Cakes ?????? sell
the cakes after the cake judging to raise funds for our feathered
friends. Light goes on even brighter as I think of being a judge.

It's possible?
Send cakes through the mail in a sealed tin?
an old bikkie tin? sealed with cellotape?
But who at Hawthorn was looking thin?
What personage would take such a risk?
Which mere male would volunteer?
Hang on isn't that the reason WE have a leader?
A Man amongst Men?
Yep it will happen.
23rd October Hastings Bake a thon but how do we bake a thon?

Flutters off home to stare at the wreck of the ACER.