birding-aus

birding-aus Having a little rave

To: Peter Waanders <>, All <>
Subject: birding-aus Having a little rave
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:52:44 -0700 (PDT)
Peter Waanders <> wrote:

Well said everyone. I thought I'd better join in,
too. Unfortunately the few people that do voice
their opinions don't represent the majority. This
does not mean that the majority doesn't share their
views. They probably would if they were not stupified by what the media
tells them. Or maybe they're merely ignorant. I think ignorance, lack
of knowledge, or not caring, is the biggest threat facing humanity and
its environment. A few examples. It starts right at your own back door.
Do you throw away old paper or do you recycle it? Many people think
it's a good idea to recycle but don't get around to it, they say.
Ignorance.
The ban on shooting parrots, rosellas etc. has been
lifted in SA because they pose a threat to fruitgrowers. Lack of
knowledge, that is. Thousands of people visit our national parks and
conservation areas. You'd think they'd go there to enjoy nature at its
best. These areas are under threat from erosion, fires, rubbish,
vehicle pressure, firewood collection, noise, and so on. Not caring,
that is.
Numbers of hospital beds are being cut in SA. At the
same time millions of dollars of state government
funding are being spent on a bloody football stadium.
I could go on and on.
If the masses would get the right information, they
would be able to make sensible choices in their life. This includes
everyday decisions that form the basis of our behaviour. This would
also be reflected in the way we vote. I don't think there is one
country in the world where important information that could open our
eyes reaches us in the amount it should, and if it does it is multiply
biased. That's why everybody huddles up in their comfort zone and tries
to make the most of their own life - I don't know. Don't want to think
about it for too much longer - this sucks.
Cheers
Peter Waanders

Firstly forgive me everyone as I would truly LOVE to buy in to this one
but organizing a fair bit at the moment? need a job Tony? community
work and very far reaching at that.

To follow on from Peters email "Mankinds destruction of his own home
and backyard" why stop there? look what we've done to our own moon
already? and now we aim to pollute more planets? I am convinced we are
not from this planet originally and therefore disregard it in such a
way that we do. Hidden in the back of or brain's is the word from our
parents ( Keep your room tidy or else? ) who futile is that eh? then
again take an even closer look at some of our feathered friends ......
oh will that ruffle a few feathers.

John ( the planner )A. Gamblin
gone fishing