birding-aus

birding-aus Threatened Species list

To: "" <>
Subject: birding-aus Threatened Species list
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:12:52 +1000
G'day All,
Recieved this message yesterday from Ian Patton of Canada, who asked me
to contact the mailing-list on his behalf,  as the item he is offering
is free I don't consider this is in breach of list-serve guidelines.
Also I have re-vamped Birding Southern Queensland
(http://ats.com.au/~aviceda/) and we now have a Japanese link (thanks to
our friend Jun Matsui)
This is the message from Ian,

Dear fellow birders:

In January of 1998 I was contacted by The Wild Bird Society of Japan and

asked if I would be willing to build a Windows.hlp (help file) from data

contained in "BIRDS TO WATCH 2 - The World List of Threatened Birds" for

Birdlife International. To accomplish this task I was given various
Access
Databases and PageMaker files containing much of the text and data in
this
fine publication. The task is now complete and the file is ready and can
be
downloaded from:

http://www.hyperscribe.org/merlin/   - click on the button "Birds to
Watch
2"

BTW 2.hlp is FREE and it is our hope that people find this effort
useful.

Sincerely,
Ian Patton
Merlin Birding Software