birding-aus

birding-aus Hastings Weekend were going to win the twitchathon

To: All <>
Subject: birding-aus Hastings Weekend were going to win the twitchathon
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 02:28:35 -0700 (PDT)
G'day All,

Thought I should make you all aware as to what I am now starting to
plan for Hastings, Victoria, Australia on the 21st.,22nd., and 23 rd.,
of October this year. A Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

The plan is to hire the Hastings Town Hall and run in conjunction with
the Hastings Library, and all other Mornington Peninsula Libraries, a
friends of Birds Australia three day event to raise funds for Birds
Australia. This has now been done and the freshly repainted Town Hall
is now booked.

Have found that the hall hire cost is within my own budget for the
Thursday and Friday. But if The idea of having a "Galah ball" is to
reach fruition then an estimated cost of twenty dollars per ticket for
the Saturday "Galah Ball" event would have to come in to effect ?

I have contacted many on the Hastings Council, Royal Australian
Ornithological Union, Coolart House and Government circles and bounced
my idea off them and have recieved much applause and messages of good
luck and go for it. Some have said just ask for help and we will gladly
supply. Although it is primarily a birding event I was wondering if
others would be interested in a display table inside the hall for the
Thursday and Friday. Birds Australia ( once known as the RAOU ) are
going to have a membership drive on the days mentioned with some
special items for the children's day on the Thursday. Friday is
basically planned for adult with childrens interests day ? but all is
in obeyance for the childrens day.

Could you come back to me as soon as possible please ?
If you would care to exhibit you paintings, programs or company
products or any other goods that have a birds them to them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Yours Sincerely,
John A. Gamblin,
FOBA,
Friends of Birds Australia