birding-aus

birding-aus Panic stations along the NSW coast

Subject: birding-aus Panic stations along the NSW coast
From: "Tony PALLISER" <>
Date: 29 Jun 99 15:44:44 +1000
Just had a call direct from the 'Halicat' courtesy of Steve Anyon-Smith
off Sydney, NSW TODAY 29th JUNE close in shore were:

2  -LIGHT-MANTLED SOOTY ALBATROSS
1  -SOUTHERN FULMAR
1  -KERGUELEN PETREL
2  -WHITE-HEADED PETREL
50 +PRION SP -
3  -MINKE WHALE
plus all the usual albatross and petrels

Well someone has to join in my misery while I am in the office having
Steve call me about his Fulmar and Albatross sightings.

No doubt there will be more news to follow:

To top that there are also reports of SOUTHERN FULMAR from Wollongong
and Long Reef in the last week.

I am thinking about organising a pelagic this Saturday from Sydney
anyone interested?????

Regards
Tony
Ph wk..... 02-99001678 fx..... 02-99001669
Ph mb..... 0416 095875
Ph hm..... 02-94115272
Address... Unit 3D, 16 Broughton Rd, Artarmon, NSW 2064
Email..... Hm