birding-aus

birding-aus Images of sittellas and babblers required

To: "" <>
Subject: birding-aus Images of sittellas and babblers required
From: "Southall, Sarah" <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 17:05:07 +1000

I have already contacted a few members of this mailing list so I apologise for any double-ups!

Hi, my name is Sarah Southall and I am an image researcher at the Museum of Victoria. We are compiling and exhibition on evolution and we are using the similarities between Australian songbirds and Northern Hemisphere songbirds to illustrate the endpoint of convergent evolution.

I am looking for 2 particular images:
An image of a white-browed babbler Pomatostomus superciliosus perching
An image of a varied sittella (any race) Daphoenositta chrysoptera either perched on the side of a trunk or running up/down a tree.

These images will be teamed with pictures of a white breasted nuthatch and a scimitar babbler respectively.

Our exhibition is non-profit and will run for approximately 5 years.

If anyone could help me out it would be wonderful, just email me at
with any details and terms and conditions of use of your images.

Thank you all for giving this matter your attention when there are much more interesting things to read!!!!

Cheers,

Sarah Southall

Sarah Southall
Image Researcher