birding-aus

birding-aus various various

Subject: birding-aus various various
From: lorne <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:33:59 +1000
Hello birdlovers... Lorne here...

1. Congrats. to Edwin Vella and Co. on their 'magic' time at Magic
Point. The flu prevented me from going. I'm still overcome with envy.

2. Pizzey and Knight's field guide is on sale for $24.95 at Angus &
Robertson, Pitt St. Mall, Sydney CBD. A great price. Get one if you need
one!!!!!!

3. There's an updated 1999 version of the book 'A Field Guide to the
Birds or Western Australia', by Johnstone and someone else, just out in
shops. Looks good. Worth checking out.

4. About three weeks ago I was up at The Border Ranges National Park,
which I found to be one of THE most spectacular places I've ever been to
in Australia!!!!!! Truly gorgeous. A haunting dense emerald everywhere.
The Antarctic Beech glades at Bar Mountain were amazing!! Got a lifer in
the PARADISE RIFLEBIRD. They were nervy, flighty. The shimmering sounds
they make when in flight are interesting. Even though I heard them
everywhere, dipped on the Albert's Lyrebird. No luck with the scrub-bird
either. Anyway... if you haven't been to Bar Mountain, get there, it is
absolute sheer heaven!!!

5. Any update on the Noisy Pitta at Taronga Zoo????????

Thanks and peace,

LORNE.

quotes)