birding-aus

Re: birding-aus SEQ note

To: "Trevor Ford" <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus SEQ note
From: "Vicki Parslow Stafford" <>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 18:42:13 -0400

>A quick note to say that there were 8 Freckled Ducks at Lake Clarendon
(near
>Gatton, west of Brisbane, QLD) today, May 26th.  Apparently these are the
>first arrivals of the season.  Close by was an immature Musk Duck.
Possibly
>close by was the Australasian Bittern which was seen on May 25th.
>
>Cheers - Trevor (100% in favour of eliminating introduced vermin - hang on,
>does that mean us?)

I passed this message on to my brother, Chris Parslow (unfortunately I was
tied up this weekend).  Anyway, Chris was most grateful for the tip, and
spotted both musk and freckled ducks (both lifers for him).

He asked me to pass on a query -- he observed some ducks further out in the
lake, beyond the range of accurate identification with his binocs, which he
suspected might have been Blue-billed Ducks. Could any of the good folk
who've been to Lake Clarendon recently confirm?

Vicki PS