birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Species cleansing

To: <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Species cleansing
From: "Nigel Sterpin" <>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 19:08:11 +1000
I totally agree with your comments. What we need to do is increase the
planting natives in all areas even to the point of digging up foreign plants
for the purpose of this. At the end of the day the question is aesthetics or
environment?
I encourage all to approach their local councils to adopt a native
plantation policy and to ensure that existing and reclaimed land for public
use has natives of all shapes and sizes planted.
I am in the process at the moment of trying to get sponsors to buy the
abandoned brickworks site in Middleborough Road Burwood and convert it into
native bushland. Long shot I know, but I'll never have known otherwise!!!
Uroo, Nigel Sterpin
email: