birding-aus

birding-aus Re: Gurney's Pitta

Subject: birding-aus Re: Gurney's Pitta
From: John Penhallurick <>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:46:33 +1000
I am forwarding a post from Tom Schulenberg which gives slightly
encouraging news about Gurney's Pitta.
John Penhallurick

>Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 16:20:37 -0500
>To: John Penhallurick <>
>From: Thomas Schulenberg <>
>Subject: Re: Gurney's Pitta
>

>John,
>
>       I picked up the following from a web site that posts the contents of the
>UKBirdNet:
>
>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>
>Subject: [UKBN] EBN: Gurney's Pitta status update (longish)
>Martin Helin
>Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 17:13:49 +0300
>
> Forwarded by Martin Helin.

touch
> with developments by looking at a special page on the OBC website,
> http://www.orientalbirdclub.org/club/update.html
>

> Yours sincerely, on behalf of OBC,
> Brian Sykes, General Secretary
> Debbie Pain, Information Co-ordinator, Gurney's Pitta Project.
>
>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>
>       And of course, "all I know is what I read on the Internet".
>

>Good birding,
>

>tss
>

>**************************************
>Thomas S. Schulenberg
>Environmental & Conservation Programs
>Field Museum of Natural History
>Roosevelt Road at Lake Shore Drive
>Chicago IL  60605  USA
>
>voice (through Friday, 21 May 1999):     312.922.9410, extension 512
>voice (beginning Saturday, 22 May 1999): 312.665.7439
>fax (through Friday, 21 May 1999):     312.922.1683
>fax (beginning Saturday, 22 May 1999): 312.365.7440
>email:
>NOTE THE UPCOMING CHANGE IN MY TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS

John Penhallurick
Associate Professor John M. Penhallurick<>
Canberra, Australia
Phone BH( 61 2) 6201 2346   AH (61 2) 62585428
FAX (61 2) 6258 0426
Snail Mail  Faculty of Communication
            University of Canberra,A.C.T.2601, AUSTRALIA
OR          PO Box 3469, BMDC, BELCONNEN, ACT 2617, AUSTRALIA

"I'd rather be birding!"
"Vivat,crescat,floreat Ornithologia" Hartert,Vog.pal.Fauna,p.2016.
"The market where possible, the state where necessary"(?Margaret Thatcher?)
"Sunt lacrimae rerum." Virgil, Aeneid,i,462.

quotes)