birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Requesting info on India

To: James Davis <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Requesting info on India
From: Richard Tkachuck <>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 07:23:08 -0400

James Davis wrote:

> Could anyone offer advice about bird-watching in India.  Where to go, how
> to get there, travel within the country, tour-guides, how to avoid getting
> into trouble, etc.  Any information would be helpful. I plan to be in
> Bangalor between August 2 - 9th.  What's the weather like?
>
> TIA, Jim

I have received a new book: A birdwatcher's Guide to India, recently published
by Bird Watchers' Guides, Prion Ltd. 56 Westrn Way, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 1
DU United Kingdom.   It was ordered off the web and took two months for
delivery to the states. It appears to be an excellent guide with travel
direction, info about food and lodging and maps to birding areas. I have not
used it in the field, but looks very good.

Richard

quotes)