birding-aus

birding-aus RFI - SW Queensland

Subject: birding-aus RFI - SW Queensland
From: "Keith Betton" <>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:46:03 +0100
G'day All

I hope this works as my usual email address is having a bad day.

I shall be arriving in Australia on 9 May, and have a week spare
before flying up to Cairns on business.  I am contemplating a
journey as follows:

Brisbane -> Dalby -> Moonie -> Cunnamulla -> Eulo ->
Thargomindah -> Cunnamulla -> St George -> Goondiwindi
-> Texas -> Stanthorpe -> Brisbane.

I have a couple of questions.  Apart from the unlikely chance of
bumping into a Grey Falcon or Letter-winged Kite my other targets
are:

Pink Cockatoo
Budgerigar
Black-eared Cuckoo
Shining Bronze Cuckoo
Sooty Owl
Ground Cuckoo Shrike
Crested Shrike Tit
Hall's Babbler
Southern Whiteface
White-browed Treecreeper
Black Honeyeater

1)      I know Tom Tarrant in Dayboro, but I have no other contacts
along this route.  I would appreciate any local contacts.

2) I will be carrying a GPS.  Any site guidance for my targets would
be appreciated from anyone.

3)      I did consider doing the route from Sydney via Bourke, but I
think that is adding too much effort for no reward - am I correct?

Best regards to all.
Keith Betton, UK

quotes)