birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Poisoning cockatoos

To: Pat Macwhirter <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Poisoning cockatoos
From: HARRIS & WESTRUP John & Jude <>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:24:50 +1000
Pat Macwhirter wrote:

> Dear Birding-ausers,
>
> The AVA is joining the chorus of those condemning Minister Tehan's decision
> to allow poisoning of cockatoos. Media Release as follows.
>
> Patricia Macwhirter BVSc (Hons), MA, FACVSc (Bird Medicine)
> Highbury Veterinary Clinic, 128 Highbury Road, BURWOOD, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
> Ph: (03) 9808 9011 Fax: (03) 9888 7134
>
> >MEDIA RELEASE
> >
> >Australian Veterinary Association (AVA)
> >PO Box 371 Artarmon NSW 2064 Australia
> >(02) 9411 2733(p), (02) 9411 5089 (f),  (email).
> >_______________________________________________________________________

Well Done Pat and the AVA, a very informed press release on a very
uninformed decision.  I am a "big fan" of Jeff and what he has done for
Victoria, but as for Marie Tehan - "Health" be it humans or animals just
doesn't seem to be her portfolio.  A well organised body like yours will
hopefully have some "moving power" on this issue.

I would also hope that the Victorian Avicultural Council and the
Avicultural Society of Australia also put out similar Press Releases on
the same matter.

Regards

John Harris
"A Victorian Still at Heart!!!"