birding-aus

RE: birding-aus Atlas Electronic Data Entry for Windows

To: "'Alwyn Hunt'" <>
Subject: RE: birding-aus Atlas Electronic Data Entry for Windows
From: COOK David <>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 08:28:16 +1000
Thanks Alwyn. I did notice a few bugs other than the (fairly major) one I
mentioned. For example, when you enter the GPS degrees, minutes and seconds
for Lat and Long, it reports the Lat minutes as the Long minutes. I haven't
as yet tried to change my system date to d/mm/yyyy as recommended on
birding-aus to see if it fixes my problem, however, if it does then that's a
pretty ordinary result as all date formats should be able to be handled.
Plus, the program should have a way of exiting nicely from an error
condition, other than having to use the Task Manager to kill it.

Hopefully the revamped version will be OK. Actually, what I am really after
is the ouput format for the data so that I can incorporate it into my own
database because I wish to keep the records, and the Atlas program deletes
records after they have been processed for sending to the Atlas project.

David Cook

quotes)