birding-aus

birding-aus Indian field guide

To: <>
Subject: birding-aus Indian field guide
From: "Jo Wieneke" <>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 10:57:09 +1000
birding-aus

I've just come home after 2 months in India (Rajasthan and Gugarat) and
Nepal. I haven't had time to do a proper trip report yet but am happy to
provide information  if anyone would like details of sites and contacts. It
was extremely frustrating at times not having a decent field guide. The new
one, Birds of the Indian Subcontinent by Grimmett, Inskipp and Inskipp) was
published and available in England just after I arrived in India and
tantalising glimpses of it were seen  in the hands of European birders.  It
was rather like going round Australia with What Bird is That, knowing that
Pizzey and Knight was available but unobtainable! It is excellent but heavy
and expensive at 55 pounds sterling. However, Oxford India are to publish it
in India in March and it is expected to be far cheaper there.

Jo Wieneke

Include "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the quotes)