birding-aus

birding-aus Re: Rainbow Lorikeets in Melbourne

To: "Nigel Sterpin" <>, "birding aus" <>
Subject: birding-aus Re: Rainbow Lorikeets in Melbourne
From: "Philip A Veerman" <>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 20:37:55 +1100
birding-aus

Yes, it is a bit of a giggle to me that I, living in Canberra, was the first
to publish on the increase of the Rainbow Lorikeet in Melbourne. See
Australian Bird Watcher 14(1): 3-9, (March 1991). I even cited that Gould
League reference too. I think Melbourne birdos must have been asleep for
years. I resided my first 21 years in Melbourne (till 1978) and never saw
Rainbow Lorikeets, now they are common.