birding-aus

birding-aus RFI: Eyre Peninsula

Subject: birding-aus RFI: Eyre Peninsula
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:33:32 +1000
birding-aus

Dear Folks,

I'm planning a family trip to the Eyre Peninsula, South Australia, in
September, and I'm interested in any information people may have about
birds (or other flora/ fauna) on the Peninsula, as bounded by the Eyre
Highway from Port Augusta to Ceduna.  I've found three birding references
in the Archives (Pandurra Station, where we hope to stay for a couple of
nights, Roora Reserve in Kimba and Cape Barren Geese near Tumby Bay), and I
know there's a little information in Thomas and Thomas.  I've also obtained
leaflets and brochures from the SA National parks office in Port lincoln,
which includes a (fairly old) bird list for Lincoln National Park.  It
seems there should be some good birds to look for, especially for
Easterners like us - Rufous Tree-creeper, Blue-breasted Fairy-wren, Western
Yellow Robin, Western Whipbird, Rock Parrot, maybe even Red-lored Whistler,
etc.  Any guidance as to particular places worth checking out would be
gratefully received.  We have a 4WD so conditions of access tracks need not
be a problem (within reasonable limits).

If all goes well and the trip comes off I'll post a report here after we
get back.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

     Jack

Include "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the quotes)