birding-aus

birding-aus Glossy Swiflet and House Swift in N. QLD

Subject: birding-aus Glossy Swiflet and House Swift in N. QLD
From: "Tony PALLISER" <>
Date: 28 Jan 99 10:41:32 +1100
birding-aus

Another major from North Queensland.

Del Richards called me today and asked if I could pass on to you news of a
sighting of a Glossy Swiflet flying with White-rumped Swiflets in South
Mossman N. QLD on the 22-Jan-99.  This a very rare bird for mainland
Australia.  If you are in the area please have a look for it and if at all
possible take a photograph.

Another bird to keep an eye open for in this area is House Swift.  There
have been a number of reports recently.

Regards
Tony Palliser