birding-aus

Re: South Island Pied Oystercatcher (SIPO)

To: "Philip A Veerman" <>
Subject: Re: South Island Pied Oystercatcher (SIPO)
From: David Stewart <>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:54:00 +1100
Dear Philip

South Island Pied Oystercatcher (SIPO), a rarity in Australia, and Pied
Oystercatcher (OZPO) had already been the subject of previous messages on
birding-aus and I was merely updating with directions on how to find SIPO
and the fact the bird was still present. When there is a current round of
discussion on birding -aus acronyms are often used. I expected people had
read these messages and were aware of the acronyms SIPO and OZPO already
used. Sorry if you didn't bother to read the messages on this subject. Fair go.

I would have preferred you directed your reply with this sort of remark to
me and not aired it on birding-aus.

David Stewart

At 11:45 20/01/99 +1100, you wrote:
>SIPO without the acronym explained was bad enough but what the hell is meant
>by OZPO's? Something owned by an OZPO, whatever that is.

David Stewart
P O Box 256
Mullumbimby  NSW 2482
PH/FAX 02 66840127