birding-aus

Re: Hobbies and willy wagtails

Subject: Re: Hobbies and willy wagtails
From: "Merrilyn Serong" <>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 00:11:55 +1100
Not that anyone would have lost any sleep over it, but I was a bit hasty
thinking that three young willy wagtails may have been eaten by hobbies.
All three have re-appeared and are alive and well.  Meanwhile, the three
young hobbies are learning to find their own food and had a mid-air battle
today when one of them was holding some prey and the others wanted it.
Unfortunately I couldn't see what it was they were fighting over.

Merrilyn