birding-aus

Re: Buller's Shearwater in Nth. Qld.

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Re: Buller's Shearwater in Nth. Qld.
From: "Tony Clarke" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:19:47 -0000
Just out of interest has pale phase Wedge-tailed been totally eliminated
from the equation? I'm not saying that the bird was't a Buller's but in the
past this species was confused with pale phase Wedge-tailed. I think I am
correct in saying that Chris Corben reported seeing birds he thought were
pale phase Wedge-tailed off Stradbroke Island until one day a Buller's flew
past, I was there as well. I think this was the first Buller's for SE Qld.
So confusion between the two is possible especially if the bird seen in
Nth. Qld. was not very close. If I have my facts wrong and if Chris is
reading this perhaps he would like to comment.

Tony.

Tony Clarke,
CANARIAN NATURE TOURS,
C/ República Dominicana, Nº 61,