birding-aus

WBPLUS database

Subject: WBPLUS database
From: Niels Poul Dreyer <>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:12:17 +1100 (EST)
Hi Folks

I remember sometime back that Trevor Quested made a review in Wingspan
regarding world birding databases. I have used WBPlus for some time and know
about the problem to save trip comments into a text file. However, I have
just now recieved an update on the WBPlus execute file over the Email
system, it took 10 minutes to download. The new version 2.4 with this new
executefile has fixed this problem. So it is now possible to save trip
reports with species comments as a text file. When the text file has been
saved, it is necesary to do some formatting and editing in Word. This change
is a  great lept forward, as it will be possible to email trip reports as
Word6 documents or text files via Email. If anybody is interested I now have
Namibia and New Calidonia reports ready. The introductionary text (before
the list) must be written in Word 6 as this will not be transferred to the
text file from saving the database file. However I always do that anyway, as
it is  not appropiate to write long essays in a database!.

Regards from Niels
Niels Poul Dreyer
5/13 George Street
Pialba, Qld 4655