birding-aus

PACIFIC BAZA WITH 1 FLEDGED YOUNG AT MARAYLYA, SYDNEY

To: <>
Subject: PACIFIC BAZA WITH 1 FLEDGED YOUNG AT MARAYLYA, SYDNEY
From: "EDWIN VELLA" <>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 20:44:52 +1100
To All

The family of Pacic Baza's (Crested Hawks) at Maraylya, have now one
fledgling. Apparently, the pair had 3 chicks in the nest (seen last
weekend) but only one survived. Now the Baza's are taking advantage of the
now abundant and deafining cicadas (this year the cicadas in Sydney seem to
be in much greater numbers than in recent years). Also nearby, the aptly
named Cicadabird is also taking advantage of these rich pickings.

For those who are interested I will be leading a Cumberland Bird Observers
Club Outing next Saturday (19/12/98) in the Hawkesbury area. Everyone is
welcome, and those who are interested are to meet me at 8 am at Pughes
Lagoon, beside Francis Street in Richmond.

Edwin