birding-aus

re- new site in WA for birdwatching from your spa!

Subject: re- new site in WA for birdwatching from your spa!
From: S & J Ensor <>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 22:58:30 +0800
Dear Folk we are trying to establish a wildlife sanctuary on our 100 acs
of which 70% is natural bush land with a stream through it's length over
700mts long. Sandy woodlands & Jarrah/Sheoak/Banksia/Peppermint/grass
trees, swampy creek line/gravel country etc:
We have chalet accommodation to be found at
http://www.yelvertonbrook.com.au
we feel we have a special place and are seeking funding to help with
fencing it off for a predator free area. We have placed a birdbath at
each chalet to encourage the birds in and this works well and the lawn
has added a new dimension for the wrens & fantails. We do get alot of
Parrots of many varieties, also occasionally red tailed cockatoos, lots
of spine bills, golden breasted whistlers, new holland honey eaters and
alot of unknown birds to an amateur like myself. We have placed in each
chalet a bird identification book as well as wildflowers. We have
already placed extensive walk trails around the property for ease of
movement.
We are also only 20 mins from the Wonnerup Estuary, very extensive
wetlands area with birds visiting from all over the world!
We would love some help with building a catalogue of what lives here,
can you help?
Regards Joy