birding-aus

Re: Seabirds, NSW 5/12/98

To: "P.J. Milburn" <>
Subject: Re: Seabirds, NSW 5/12/98
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 16:54:09 +1000
G'day Pete,
Just a quick one....are these 1000s of Slender-billed Shearwaters really
Short-tailed or am I falling behind with my seabird taxonomy? (I know the
albatrosses are currently being totally renamed but I'm not aware of a
"Slender-billed" Shearwater)
Hope everyone saw the excellent footage on the ABC's "Life of Birds" last
night.....Streaked Shearwaters climbing a tree in Japan was a new one for me!
Tom Tarrant
Dayboro, Qld
http://ats.com.au/~aviceda/