birding-aus

Re: Throat Worms 2

To: "Maurovic, Mauro (DHS)" <>, "" <>
Subject: Re: Throat Worms 2
From: "Muir Environmental" <>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 14:32:58 +0800
Hi Mauro

Australian Raven gets mouth and throat worms too.  Don't know about any
other species, but its likely....

Harsh as it is, its probably another of nature's ways of controlling
populations.  The worms probably have a control on them too!

You might want to be a bit careful with them - it may even be possible they
can be transferred to humans as well.  Several diseases from various
animals can be passed on to humans.  Don't think I'd enjoy a throat full of
worms - I'm sure your magpie doesn't either...

Good luck with it

Jennifer Muir
Director, Muir Environmental