birding-aus

Life of Birds video - sound distortion :(

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Life of Birds video - sound distortion :(
From: Paul Taylor <>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 22:43:49 +1100
I've just been watching the new Life of Birds series on video; one episode
a week just isn't enough!  Unfortunately, I've just discovered that my copy
of the third tape (episodes 8-10) has bad sound distortion; it sounds like
the signal level was set too high and clipped the signal.  I'll be taking
it back tomorrow to hopefully replace it with a non-distorted copy; with
luck, the problem was with the particular tape recorder and not the input
signal.  If you have bought a copy, and I'm sure many of you will, it's
probably advisable to check each of the tapes for sound distortion; playing
the few minutes of the first episode on each tape should be sufficient to
quickly identify a bad tape.

    Paul Taylor                                Veni, vidi, tici -
                          I came, I saw, I ticked.