birding-aus

Swiftlet & Swift Sightings

Subject: Swiftlet & Swift Sightings
From: (Mike Tarburton)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 20:19:40 +1100 (EST)
Greetings

If you have some swiftlet and /or swift sightings from within Australia or
the South Pacific that are interesting in terms of Migration, vagrancy, or
unusual numbers, or just ordinary common sightings then please read on.

I would be interested in receiving any such information to add to my
database of swift records.  I have included already the "Old Atlas", Garden
Bird Survey, and Published records, in order to prepare material for
HANZAB, so do not take the time to respond with these data.  All sources
are recorded along with the information so that it might be used if I am
asked to provide the Swift details for any further publications for Birds
Australia.

Please provide date, The birds ID, Numbers, Location, and any weather or
behavioural information that seems important.

Please accept my thanks for any help you can offer.

Sincerely

Mike.
Dr Mike Tarburton
Biology