birding-aus

Yookamurra Sanctuary

Subject: Yookamurra Sanctuary
From: Kirrama Wildlife Tours <>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 10:19:43 +1000
Hi everyone,
This was the message from Anne, and if you want to find out more about
Earth Sanctuaries (very worthwhile causes + plus great places and wildlife)
please check the South Australian (main info) and NSW pages on the web
directory (see end of message).
        Happy birding,  Klaus

Dear All,
I'm quoting part of a message, sent to me today, for the information of other
birders in S.A.

> "We did stop off at Yookamurra Sanctuary on the way to Adelaide on your
> advice.  It was fantastic, you were right about the Bilbys, they are
> remarkable.  At Yookamurra we saw common parrots that were new to me like
> the Australian Ringneck and the Purple-crowned Lorikeet but we also saw two
> rare birds:  Southern Scrub-robin and Hooded Robin.  Good sightings indeed."

Regards, Anne

Kirrama Wildlife Tours   Klaus & Brenda Uhlenhut
PO Box 133   SILKWOOD  QLD   Australia
Kirrama Home Page   http://www.gspeak.com.au/kirrama
Birding Web Directory   http://www.ausbird.com