birding-aus

RE: Advertising

Subject: RE: Advertising
From: "Norton, Richard" <>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 15:49:18 +1030
Another note relating to advertising.

I do not set policy for Birding-Aus. However, I'd like to cast a vote for
permitting some birder related advertising. Although I will not go to
O'Reilly's, I found the note about vacancies in their bird week to be
interesting, in that it told me there was such a thing as a bird week.

I followed the web site information in Mr. Jordan's signature, and found his
trip information interesting.

I found these birder-related advertisements to be thousands of times more
interesting than the "UNSUBSCRIBE" messages that periodically find their way
here because people lack the decency or intelligence to save the Birding-Aus
instructions.

I found these birder-related advertisements to be thousands of times less
offensive than the political tirades and get-rich-quick advertisements that
show up from time to time.

I spend most of my life in California, and the Calbird reflector permits
mention of things like California-related bird tours by commercial
operators. The next bird trip operator that I find making a decent living
will be the first. I am not offended by reading an occasional "My Trips for
Summer 1998."

There is not an overwhelming volume on Birding-Aus. If somebody's commercial
postings becomes excessive, I'm sure he will hear about very fast.

Regards,

Dick Norton,
currently in Adelaide, SA