birding-aus

Re: Recalcitrant emails

Subject: Re: Recalcitrant emails
From: "Alex J. Saar" <>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 05:59:02 +0800
Hi Jennifer

While you were looking at the webpage archives, you must have inadvertently
"subscribed" to the "discussion list" called "birding-aus".

Once you are on such a list, you receive the same email as the other 480
people on the list, but it all "appears" to be addressed to "birding-aus".

To "unsubscribe" from the discussion list (to stop you receiving all these
emails addressed to "birding-aus"), do the following.

1. send an email to:

2. leave the subject line blank
3. type just this message:
        unsubscribe birding-aus
4. send it.

Don't sign it, or put any other information.

The message goes to a computer.
It will reply in less than a minute.
You will no longer receive all those other emails.

Have fun
Cheers
Alex

PS: Is that kettle still on the boil??

PPS: You raise a number of other points that go beyond your immediate problem.

I'll be as brief as possible.

*  At times, it's nice to believe that computers have a mind of their own.
But it's only the ATMs that have a couple of people in them eating
kit-kats.  :-)

*  Emails don't go astray.

*  The 50 emails that you forwarded also go to a computer. It can tell that
the emails were identical to some that it recently received and distributed
to the discussion list members. So it won't send them again--luckly for the
list members!

*  This message, like the one that you sent, goes to all 480 list members. :-)

Cheers
Alex
"Trust me!"
"I'm a computer."