birding-aus

Cotton Pygmy Geese in NSW

Subject: Cotton Pygmy Geese in NSW
From: "Vella, Edwin" <>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:59:28 +1000
Dear All

I have heard from Newspapers that there are now Green Pygmy Geese (and
Magpie Geese) around the Macquarie Marshes in western NSW. Does anybody know
how many GPG are present there at the moment ? Have they occurred there
regularly in the past? I thought they were vagrant here in NSW and I have
only seen a female a few years ago in Lane cove NP in Sydneys northern
suburbs.

I also like to note that, strange as it seems, the calling of Koels around
my area seems to be getting more hoarse every year. Will they one day become
silent!!!.

Edwin