birding-aus

Re: We're going off the air for a little while

To: RUSSELL DEAN WOODFORD <>
Subject: Re: We're going off the air for a little while
From: Margaret Cameron <>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:21:44 +1100
Russell

This is about your last line, about attachments

I have asked you about an attachment problem before and have also asked
other people.

I am less fussed about intentional attachments (except big graphics which
bring everything to a halt) than I am about [what are said to be]
UNINTENTIONAL attachments - in many cases the message itself also arrives
as an attachment with the same name as the original message

This is very annoying as I then have to go into Filemaker and delete it. I
have Microsoft 3.1, Eudora Pro and whatever else comes in the Deakin
student package if all that is relevant. I should have thought it was
something to do with the sending end rather than my system as receiver,
since it does not affect all messages and affects the same people every
time. However Richard Dilena tried to solve it at his end and couldn't find
anything that would cause it at his end.  Sometimes there are quite a few
and as many people use names for their messages which are similar to others
it is a big waste of time looking at them to make sure I am not deleting
REAL attachments by mistake.

I wish there was away I could avoid getting attachments of this kind

Margaret

At 05:06 PM 14/10/98 +1000, RUSSELL DEAN WOODFORD wrote:
>This may not affect ALL of you on birding-aus ...   ;-)

>And PLEASE remember not to send ATTACHMENTS of ANY SORT to birding-aus.
>
>Stay nice,
>
>Russell Woodford
>List Maintainer

Margaret Cameron                        Phone 03 5229 9792
4 Connor Street                         Fax   03 5229 1520
East Geelong
Victoria 3219                           Editor, Australian Birding Magazine
Australia                               PO Box 2013, Geelong, Victoria 3220
                                        Australia