birding-aus

threefold

Subject: threefold
From: lorne <>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:48:18 +0000
Hello birdlovers... Lorne here...

1. In David Holland's wonderful book on nocturnal birds (1991) he talks
about Powerful Owls killing a Barn Owl because the latter was on the
former's nest! So, contrary to what John Young was saying, owls can be
aggressive toward each other. (I am not arguing with John Young though,
because obviously he's THE MAN when it comes to owling etc. - I can't
wait to see/buy his WINGS OF SILENCE video!)

2. Brolgas at Werribee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How rare is that????? How often
do brolgas get to NSW and VIC. anyway???????

3. Any great birds about Cairns/Port Douglas at the moment... before I
head up on Saturday????????????????

Cheers and peace and skies full of Rainbow Bee-eaters,

Lorne.