birding-aus

Re: Atherton Tablelands

To: Trevor Woodcroft <>
Subject: Re: Atherton Tablelands
From: mss7w <>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 08:40:10 +0000
Trevor Woodcroft wrote:

>      We are a group of eight English birders visiting Australia this
>      November.
>      Our itinery takes us to Victoria,New South Wales & Queensland.
>      Because we don't have time to take in the Northern Territory
>      (more's the pity - only so many weeks off work!) , there are a
>      number of species,where our only chance to see them is in the
>      Cairns/Atherton Tablelands area.
>
>      We have a wealth of information on these areas, but could do with a
>      little more on NT specialities, which occur only in small numbers
>      in Queensland.

Hi, Trevor (and others)

I'm not a bird-watcher per se, but our Year 7's are becoming involved in
the Mareeba Wetlands area being developed just outside Mareeba NQ . Ive
been told it's a great site for seeing a large variety of birds.

I've started to develop a web site for them. (It hasn't much info on the
birds as yet.) It's at

http://www.mareebass.qld.edu.au/mbawetlands.html

Cheers,
Gary Westecott