birding-aus

Re: Werribee - again.

To: Neville Pamment <>
Subject: Re: Werribee - again.
From: Dr Richard Nowotny <>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 18:02:56 +1000
My God, Neville - that's one-upmanship if ever I saw it.  My observation
pales into insignificance!
That seems to have been a genuinely large flock - I've never seen anything
like it in spite of seeing Glossy Ibis in many parts of Australia and many
other countries (although I've seen quite large flocks of closely-related
White-faced Ibis in the US).
Regards.
Richard

From:  Dr Richard Nowotny